I’ve had the privilege of developing games, building teams, creating technology and working alongside incredibly smart and talented people for nearly two decades. My passion is enabling talented creatives to make engaging, high quality profitable entertainment through clear direction, collaboration, effective technology and scalable development.
▪ CEO & Creative Director @ SoMa Play | Apr 13 – Present
▪ Board Member, ViewConference | Oct 16 – Present
▪ Advisor @ SIGGRAPH | Jan 14 – Present
Experience & Skills:
▪ Over 20 years creative and visual development, directing design, animation, art, and related technology projects.
▪ Building high performing technical & creative teams.
▪ Tailoring development to support the creative process and timely delivery.
▪ Establishing studio infrastructure to enable and support growth & global development.
▪ Significant experience across all areas of content creation & production technology.
▪ Extensive mid-to-long term strategic planning.
▪ A balanced mix of creative, technical, managerial and business skills.
▪ Contract negotiation.
▪ Successfully pitching the largest, most globally successful entertainment licenses over the last 20 years, including Harry Potter, Tetris & Avatar.
▪ Directing the Computer Animation Festival for ACM SIGGRAPH, and presenting to audiences across the US, South America, Europe & Asia.
▪ Building and executing a multiyear Technology & Convergence plan for LucasArts, ILM, LucasAnimation.
▪ Directing and presenting the Real-Time Graphics festival at SIGGRAPH, growing awareness and proving a structure for real-time graphics, tools and projects at the SIGGRAPH conference.
▪ Instructing internationally as part of the Jedi Masters Program at Lucasfilm.
▪ Speaking at SIGGRAPH, ViewFest, SICAF, Carnegie, Brown & UPenn.
▪ As CG Supervisor on Burnout Paradise; building a world-class toolset and critically acclaimed game from scratch.
▪ Designing and writing Blueprint: the Art Tool Infrastructure for Electronic Arts worldwide.
▪ Serving as a Juror for BAFTA (UK), SIGGRAPH (US) & SICAF (Korea).
▪ The privilege of two decades spent meeting, and working with truly amazing, talented, dedicated and passionate pioneers, animators, game developers and filmmakers.
▪ Director of Art, Animation & Outsourcing @ LucasArts | Jan 11 – Apr 13
▪ Digital Production Supervisor @ LucasArts | Jan 08 – Jan 11
▪ Character Lead, Art Director, CG Supervisor @ Electronic Arts | Jan 98 – Dec 07
▪ Senior Animator, Character TD @ Argonaut Software | Jul 93 – Jan 98
Previous Board Positions:
▪ Board Member, Holo3D | Oct 14 – Sep 16
▪ Advisory Board Member, Rodeo Games | Mar 10 – Oct 12
Volunteer Positions by Invitation:
▪ Juror (Interactive Entertainment) @ BAFTA | Oct 13 – Oct 15
▪ Director (The Computer Animation Festival) @ ACM SIGGRAPH | Aug 12 – Jan 14
▪ Director (Real-Time Graphics) @ ACM SIGGRAPH | Jul 10 – Aug 12